Edmonton Synchronized Skating Club offers high quality skating lessons in Edmonton at various ice arenas throughout the city. We focus on high coach to skater ratios with an emphasis on skill development and fun on the ice!
Why sign up for CanSkate?
CanSkate is Canada’s only national learn-to-skate program. It was developed by experts to teach the fundamentals of skating in a progressive and sequential manner.
When your child is registered for a CanSkate program at ESSC, you also become a member of Skate Canada, the national sport governing body for figure skating in Canada. Membership benefits in the CanSkate program can include:
- coloring sheets
- parent information sheets
- progress updates and report cards
- special CanSkate events and club functions
- CanSkater of the Year award program
- opportunity to be talent-scouted
- opportunity to participate in a positive healthy lifestyle activity
What can I expect during a typical CanSkate session?
Your child’s CanSkate session will include:
- Lesson time – new skill instruction, skill review and practice time
- Group activities
- Cool down
Report cards and earned badges are issued on the last day of the session. The six stage badges of the program are:
- Stage 1 – Balance
- Stage 2 – Glide Forward
- Stage 3 – Glide Backward
- Stage 4 – Edges
- Stage 5 – Power
- Stage 6 – Speed
- Please arrive to the area 15 minutes early and have your child dressed and ready to go on the ice at the scheduled session time
- Please use the assigned dressing room. Signs are posted on the arena dressing room entries.