DUE to restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we are currently unable to offer Pre-CanSkate classes. Children MUST be able to independently move on the ice to be eligible for registration in our 2020-21 learn to skate classes
CANSKATE (recommended age 4 and up)
Open to skaters ages 4 and up, this is Skate Canada’s flagship learn-to-skate program. Lessons are 45 minutes in length. Skaters are grouped according to age and skating ability as they progress through a series of badges.
September 12 – November 28 (No Classes on October 10)
11 classes – $140 + one time Skate Canada Membership
The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
Saturdays 10:130-11:15 AM
If you have any questions regarding program placement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For CanSkate, hockey or figure skates are acceptable
We reccomend the following stores for the purchase of skates:
Professional Skate 9216-51 Ave
United Cycle 16972-111Ave
Before purchasing skates check carefully for:
- Proper fit
- Firm ankle support
- Correct blade placement
- CSA approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- A hockey helmet is the ONLY acceptable helmet as they wrap around the back of the head and are designed to withstand repeated bumps.
- Fit should be snug.
- Clothing should provide warmth but not restrict movement.
- Layering of sweat suits, sweaters, ski jackets and long underwear or leotards is recommended. Bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
- Warm mittens or gloves are a must.
Parents do not accompany their children on the ice.