PRE-CANSKATE (recommended ages 3-5 years)
DUE to restrictions surrounding COVID-19, we are currently unable to offer Pre-CanSkate classes. Children MUST be able to independently move on the ice to be eligible for registration in our 2020-21 learn to skate classes
Open to preschool skaters aged 3-5 years with little to NO skating experience. Skaters are on the ice for 30 minutes at a time. Children are introduced to basic skating through action songs, games and play. Skaters younger than age 3 may register for this program upon approval of the head coach. Children need to be able to stand on their own in their skates (not on the ice). Please email email@example.com for approval.
If you have any questions regarding program placement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Pre-CanSkate, hockey or figure skates are acceptable
We reccomend the following stores for the purchase of skates:
Professional Skate 9216-51 Ave
United Cycle 16972-111Ave
Before purchasing skates check carefully for:
- Proper fit
- Firm ankle support
- Correct blade placement
- CSA approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- A hockey helmet is the ONLY acceptable helmet as they wrap around the back of the head and are designed to withstand repeated bumps.
- Fit should be snug.
- Clothing should provide warmth but not restrict movement.
- Layering of sweat suits, sweaters, ski jackets and long underwear or leotards is recommended. Bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
- Warm mittens or gloves are a must.
Parents do not accompany children on the ice.