NEW PROGRAM!! PARENT & TOT’S
Open to skaters with little to NO skating experience. Skaters are on the ice, accompanied by a parent for 45 minutes per session.
Children are introduced to basic skating through action songs, games and play. Parents will directly assist their children on the ice. There is no touch contact between coach and skaters.
December 12 – February 27 (No Classes on December 26 & February 13)
10 classes – $145 + one time Skate Canada Membership
The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
Saturdays 10:30-11:15 AM
If you have any questions regarding this program, please email email@example.com
Important Parent & Tot Program Requirements:
- Tots must wear CSA approved helmets.
- Parents must wear CSA approve helmet unless given permission by the head coach following an on ice skating assessment.
- Parents must wear skates.
- Parents must have sufficient skating level to be able to support their child, parents are responsible for assisting their child, parents must be able to effectively skate on their own.
- The “parent” can include any member of the skater ‘s household or member of their social circle however the selected individual cannot change over the course of the program.
For Pre-CanSkate, hockey or figure skates are acceptable
We reccomend the following stores for the purchase of skates:
Professional Skate 9216-51 Ave
United Cycle 16972-111Ave
Before purchasing skates check carefully for:
- Proper fit
- Firm ankle support
- Correct blade placement
- CSA approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- A hockey helmet is the ONLY acceptable helmet as they wrap around the back of the head and are designed to withstand repeated bumps.
- Fit should be snug.
- Clothing should provide warmth but not restrict movement.
- Layering of sweat suits, sweaters, ski jackets and long underwear or leotards is recommended. Bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
- Warm mittens or gloves are a must.